AirKey - The Smart Locking System from EVVAAirKey. Simply smart
With AirKey, your smartphone is the key. It increases your levels of security, flexibility and gives you full control of your doors. What do you need? An AirKey cylinder, a smartphone as well as Internet access and you will be able to send your keys by text message (SMS) and manage your access control system online. Well, if that's not smart!
Thanks to AirKey key handovers and complex key management are a thing of the past. For this reason, many shared offices, infrastructure facilities and mobile service providers rely on AirKey and benefit from increased security and flexibility.
All you need to set up your access systems and manage them online is internet access and a valid email address.
The AirKey app is available from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
- All transferred data is secured as end-to-end data, as per cutting-edge encryption standards. Your data is protected from decryption between the EVVA high security server and the AirKey cylinder.
- The use of certified, secure elements – highly secure memory elements that actively encrypt and decrypt – in the cylinders and in identification media makes AirKey the new security benchmark for electronic locking systems.
- An event log for access events ensures seamless transparency.
- The outside thumb turn is additionally equipped with drilling protection, plug pulling protection and a rotary damper.
AirKey meets the EU General Data Protection Regulations: Together with the renowned data protection expert, Dr. Christof Tschohl, AirKey was developed into a data protection compliant access control system. Our own data protection officer will be happy to respond to your requests for more detail. https://www.evva.com/int-en/data-protection-declaration/
- The deletion of personal data required by the General Data Protection Regulation is planned in the system. During the deletion of data, all references to a person are irretrievably removed.
- The event logging of access events can be configured for each component (for a limited time as well), and also deactivated, e.g. for a Works Council conference room for which no event logging is allowed.
- The event logging in the backend and in the components is audit-compliant. This means that every locking process can be retraced precisely with a date and time. Consequently, this event logging cannot be tampered with and allows for more transparency than with any mechanical locking system.
- Ready for compliance with the European Data Act 2024
- A four-eyes principle for viewing logs can be activated. Access to the event logs must be approved by a second administrator.
The battery lasts for up to 30,000 locking cycles (depending on the ambient conditions). The cylinder flashes red if the batteries are low. Please change the battery now. If you use a smartphone to unlock the component, the battery status is also indicated in the online administration and saved as a maintenance task or even shown as a notification on the smartphone. If you prefer to rely on an emergency power device to also supply your cylinder with power once the battery has died, your locksmith will be able to provide you with one.
Charge your smartphone as quickly as possible. We recommend you nevertheless always carry an authorised identification medium with you in addition to your smartphone, be it an AirKey key tag on your key ring or an AirKey card.
You can immediately delete any access authorisations you granted in the event that the smartphone is lost. You can immediately authorise an alternative smartphone (e.g. via the smartphone replacement function, which automatically deactivates the old smartphone).
We recommend you immediately deactivate this identification medium in the online administration and transfer this information (blacklist) to your cylinder using your smartphone. You are not on site? Each smartphone with maintenance authorisation to your locking system can also transfer this security information to your cylinder (without operating the component in the process).
You require KeyCredits to create and change unlocking authorisations (keys). Operation itself does not require additional KeyCredits and is thus free of charge.
KeyCredits must also be redeemed to activate the AirKey interface for other systems.
NFC and Bluetooth feature identical security standards. You yourself decide which technology to use with your Android smartphone. With iPhones you can use Bluetooth only.