EVVA’s history under Karl Jindrich began in Laxenburgerstrasse 28 in the 10th District of Vienna, the ‘basement workshop’. The affiliated company, EVVA Schmierfettfabrik and EVVA went separate ways, yet the ‘EVVA’ acronym has been kept to this day. The EVVA Schmierfettfabrik is still a success today, operating under the name EVVAOIL (http://www.evvaoil.at/). EVVA’s headquarters, which was known as the ‘basement workshop’, was the home of EVVA’s lock production from the end of the 1920s until at least 1938. Karl Jindrich eventually acquired the patent for a rim lock from EVVA. EVVA evolved into a specialist in security technology under his management.